SENIORS WATCH PROGRAM
Neighbours helping Neighbours at First Place Hamilton
FPH is excited to announce its very first Senior Watch Program. A voluntary program aimed at ensuring the safety and well-being of residents during overnight and early morning hours.
How it works:
- Participating residents will receive a yellow door hanger, that is to be displayed each night and removed each morning.
- Equipped with a list of participating residents, Floor Captains will check their floor each morning to ensure all yellow door hangers have been removed.
- If a door hanger is gone, the Floor Captain can rest assured their neighbour has had a good night and is safe and well.
- If a door hanger remains, the Floor Captain will attempt to contact their neighbour by knocking.
- If the Floor Captain is unsuccessfull in contacting their neighbour, they will alert staff in the Recreation and Leisure Services Office.
- Staff will then attempt contact the participant by telephone.
- If staff is unsuccessfull in contacting the participant by telephone, than emergency personell will be dispatched.
Interested in being a Floor Captain?
Please visit the Recreation and Leisure Services Office on 3C by November 15, 2012 and leave your name and contact information with staff or a volunteer attendant.
Interested in Participating?
FPH residents will be welcome to register and pick up their door hanger once all floor have been assigned a Floor Captain. A notice will be posted outside the Recreation and Leisure Services Office on the information board when registration is open.